Congratulations to the 2022 Award Winners:
- City Champs Women’s Road Race – Megan Florizone
- City Champs Men’s Road Race – Brady Windsor
- City Champs Women’s Time Trial – Mallory Murchison
- City Champs Men’s Time Trial – Jonathan Slywka
- President’s Cup – Marc Tremblay
- The Hammer – Marshall Wilson
The 2023 Executive committee are:
- VP Road/Race (Tuesday Night) – Eric Sy
- VP Gravel – Marc Tremblay
- VP Cyclocross – Megan Florizone
- VP Road/Adventure (Thursday Night) – Tim Huber
- VP Women – Alyssa Shaver
- VP Virtual – Paul Cutting
- Youth Development – open
- Treasurer – Steve Trott
- Past President – James Korpan
- President – Nicole DeBond
Alyssa Shaver was elected to the RCC exec for the first time to lead our 2023 women’s program. Alyssa has been a key contributor to our developing women’s program over the last couple of years and she has some great ideas for women’s programming in 2023 that I am very excited about!
The evening was also a chance to extend our thanks to a few special members of our club who have contributed years of service on the RCC executive and are now passing the torch on this year. James Korpan was president of the club for 8 years, during which time his efforts saw the club membership by ~50% and its programming expand massively. Adele Grundahl (A.K.A. Mrs. Time Trial) was RCC’s Secretary for many years before she turned her focus to spearheading RCC Women’s Program which has welcomed many new members over the last two years. Russ Down‘s work on youth development has led to some fast young folks on bikes who’ve earned big results.
And most of all thank you to all the committee members and volunteers who made our 2022 events happen, and to the riders who came out and made them successful.
Anyone who is interested in helping out with the 2023 season is invited to get in touch with our president or the appropriate VP. Whether you want to join a committee, volunteer on race day, or lead rides, reach out.
Rubber side down!