RCC Lumsden Roubaix hosted by the RCC Gravel Committee
The RCC Roubaix has been a staple in the RCC Gravel calendar with over 10-year history hosting this spring classic. Pioneers of GRAVEL, RCC started this event years before gravel was cool or gravel specific bikes were even a thing. By staying off the pavement, riding offroad becomes an adventure where google maps is your new best friend to endless possibilities.
When: Saturday, April 22nd 2023. Package pick up 10-10:30am Roll out/start 11am.
Where: River Park Campground, Lumsden, Sask.
Parking and start of the neutral roll out. Located directly across the road from the Lumsden RCMP Detachment.
Distance: Short(~30km) and Long(~60km) distance options. Exact length TBD.
Route: TBD (Route Map / gpx file will be made available prior to the event)
KOM / QOM of the Roubaix: A prize will be given to the fastest male and female on a designated segment on the course. The segment will be announced prior to the event. Your ride must be uploaded to Strava immediately after the race to qualify.
Cost: $45.00. Online registration-
- A finisher’s meal from Hillside Smoke N Que is included in the registration price (beverage not included).
- Hammer Nutrition is a sponsor for this event. Expect top quality race nutrition at the race.
- Draw Prizes from local bike shops (Dutch Cycle, Western Cycle)
- Beer and chocolates will be prizes for the top 3 racers in each category. Who doesn’t love beer and chocolate?
– The race is approximately 80% gravel/dirt and 20% pavement. The bike of choice will be a mountain bike, cross bike, fat bike, or anything that can handle off road terrain.
-Riders MUST have a SCA License. A one-day license can be purchased race day for $20.00.
-Make sure to bring the appropriate equipment for flat tires, bike mechanicals etc.
-Water, Pop, treats will be supplied immediately after the race for a quick sugar boost before enjoying the ride back to the campground.
Race Director: Marc Tremblay
Please feel free to message via Facebook Messenger with any additional questions about the event.