The Gravel Fundo is back! After a few years of hiatus, we’re proud to bring back this premium Saskatchewan gravel event. What is a Gravel Fundo? It’s a gravel party on wheels. Riders can choose to either ride the course and take in the amazing scenery of the Qu’Appelle Valley or compete for their best time and a spot on the podium. The route consists of scenic backroads that wind through the valley, challenging climbs, and hair-raising, fast descents. The emphasis is on having fun and enjoying the ride.
When: June 10th 2022. Long Distance package pick up 7-7:30am Roll out/start 8am. Short Distance package pick up 9-9:30am Roll out/start 10am.
Where: Craven Rink. Craven, Sask.
Distance: Short Distance ~70km. Long Distance ~120km.
Routes: We’ve revised the routes and removed some of the muddier roads. The revised routes are available below:
Ride With GPS: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43189802
Ride With GPS: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43227477
Cost: $75.00. Online registration-
- Riders will receive the famous GRAVEL t-shirt. Registrations that come in before May 7th will guarantee a t-shirt and size selection as we need to put the order in a month before the event. Any entries after May 7th, size and quantity will be limited and not guaranteed.
- Post Ride Meal is included. 641 Grill will be serving Craven Burgers and Fries to all riders (Veggie Burger option is available).
- Hammer Nutrition will be a sponsor for this event, so expect top quality race nutrition at the race.
- Beer and chocolates will be prizes for the top 3 racers in each category (Men Women’s Categories). Who doesn’t love beer and chocolate?
Road to The Fundo: Interested in group rides leading up to the Fundo? Check out the RTF https://reginacycleclub.ca/gravel/rtf/.
– Aid Station. Rider drop bags will be transported to the aid station. Your drop bag must be at the drop off at the start no later than 7:30am(long distance) 9:30am(short distance). The aid station will be at the east end of Pumpkin Hollow. This will be at 52km on the short and 62km on the long. There may be a surprise cooler out on the course as well, watch for it .
– The ride is a mixture of gravel/dirt. The recommended bike is a mountain bike, cross bike, fat bike, or anything that can handle off road terrain.
-Riders MUST have a SCA License. One-day license can be purchased race day for $20.00.
-Make sure to bring the appropriate equipment for flat tires, bike mechanicals etc.
-Water, Pop, treats will be supplied immediately after the race for a quick sugar boost before enjoying the ride back to the campground.
Race Director: Marc Tremblay