Friday September 29, 2023 – Sunday October 1st
RCC presents: a unique, weekend-long bike challenge that anyone can participate in.
Riders will navigate to each point using GPS and look for a small flag with the RCC logo and a unique code. Each code you collect counts as one entry into the prize draw on Sunday! Prizes will include a $50 gift card to Western Cycle, a $50 gift card to Dutch Cycle, and several other small bike-related prizes.
Register for FREE by signing up for the ride and signing the waiver in the LinkMyRide app.
Here are the twelve points you are looking for:
|Name||Lat/Long||Google Maps Link|
|Douglas Park||50.429394, -104.581933||https://maps.app.goo.gl/GERtvfN816ZetEuc6|
|The Hill||50.42681, -104.585745||https://maps.app.goo.gl/z44sXEz4cwBWLNAV9|
|Skate Park||50.433787, -104.592255||https://maps.app.goo.gl/4BmTNcS19L3Jnq2b8|
|Small CX Hill||50.432049, -104.603038||https://maps.app.goo.gl/NhGpDS9Ce2jigomr6|
|Wascana Centre||50.428804, -104.606514||https://maps.app.goo.gl/hFiucNpW4bE51A9J7|
|Goose Island||50.428804, -104.606514||https://maps.app.goo.gl/hFiucNpW4bE51A9J7|
|Lakeside by Albert and the Leg.||50.434973, -104.617251||https://maps.app.goo.gl/T8YuHnBLZYHf4NB58|
|Pimple hill||50.452456, -104.655046||https://maps.app.goo.gl/36cHrHsnJWMkSTGU8|
|End of Pinkie||50.43203, -104.709759||https://maps.app.goo.gl/zv7kRHwfZNB8335J9|
|Bypass at fleet st |
(east bound side)
|Far east||50.411341, -104.517525||https://maps.app.goo.gl/6A4RjL9MD35eCx9z9|
Three options to participate:
- Ride by yourself or with your friends and family to try to reach as many of the points as you can before Sunday at 3PM. Record all the codes you find and send an email to email@example.com with:
- (a) the codes you found and your final count
- (b) your name
- (c) the email address or phone number you’d like to be contacted at if you win a prize
- Join the organized group ride at 10AM on Sunday and ride with the RCC gang. Meet at the science Centre. We’ll visit all the points and you’ll receive automatic entry into the draw!
- Join the family ride on Saturday at 10AM from the Science Centre. We’ll take the littles on a cruise to some of the nearby points.
Here is a strava route for a ~50km option that takes you past all the points: https://www.strava.com/routes/3142901009146298376
On Sunday we’re planning to hold a social after the group ride to share stories and award prizes (location to be confirmed; likely The Lobby). Prizes will be drawn at 5PM.