The RCC and Gravel Committee are proud to present
The 3rd Annual
RCC Gravel FUNdo.
Quick Schedule Guide
- Sign on 8:00 am – 8:45 am
- Nutrition (bottles & food) dropped off at sign on table by 8:45 for feed station
- 9:00 am start – 100 km
- 9:15 am start – 50 km/20km
- Meal immediately following the finish of your FUNdo (11:00 am – 2:00 pm) Buffet taco bar & beer/beverage
- Awards from 2:30 – 3:00 pm
Welcome to the 3nd Annual RCC Gravel FUNdo! A gravel bike ride/tour/race that takes riders on some of the most scenic and challenging roads in the Qu’Appelle Valley. This style of event is becoming extremely popularly all over North America, and it’s happening in Saskatchewan this summer! NEW COURSE for 2017 and it won’t disappoint. It will be the hardest, most challenging ride of the year, we guarantee it.
Choose wisely! The bike and tires must to be able to handle a variety of terrain- gravel, dirt, double track trail. The majority of riders will use a cross bike or gravel bike with a minimum of 30mm tire, recommended 35-40mm. Mountain bikes are allowed and can be great when conditions are loose and technical. Disc brakes are allowed.
Registration & Categories
You must have a Saskatchewan Cycling membership to ride. If you do not, a one-day license can be purchased for $20.00.
Price is $60.00 which gets you an amazing marked course, taco bar + beer at the 641 Grill & Bar, draw prizes, and prizes for top 3 in each category. If you sign up by July 1st, you will get a super cool GRAVEL event T-shirt. Please email email@example.com with size (S-XL) once completed online registration.
- Open Men Big Gravel (100km)
- Open Women Big Gravel (100km)
- Open Men Small Gravel (50km)
- Open Women Small Gravel (50km)
- Men Beginner Gravel (20km)
- Women Beginner Gravel (20km)
The Venue, Parking & Sign on
Craven Saskatchewan is 8km NW of Lumsden and offers a beautiful backdrop of the Qu’Appelle Valley. Parking and sign on is at the Craven Rink. Coffee will be available, so bring your chair and have a cup of Joe! Bathrooms available at the Craven Rink.
We will be riding out of Craven neutral, which means slow and as a group. There will be a lead vehicle to escort the pack on the highway. Once we turn on the gravel, IT’S GO TIME!
The Course will be ridden in a counter clockwise direction. This is a brand new course, incorporating the best valley roads
Notes and tips:
- All roads will be open to traffic so please obey the laws of the road
- The ride goes though the Town of Lumsden, please use common sense and ride safely.
- Use caution when descending and climbing! Stay to the right.
- Choose the distance that is suitable for your riding ability. Gravel riding can be an unforgiving beast if not physically prepared.
Here are the courses that will fully marked with pylons, arrows, and orange paint. In the event we get major rain the day before, there will be an alternate route posted. GPX files for all routes will be made available a week before.
There will be 1 feed station on the course. It will be located at the 15km mark into the 100km and 50km options. The 100km ride will double back and riders can get their feed and water at the 50km marker as well. You will get a chance to drop your own nutrition (bottles+food) off at the sign on table by 8:45am. You must have your nutrition in a bag clearly labeled with you name on it. There will be a large jug of ice water for filling your bottles.